STUDENT CLUBS MANAGEMENT INSTRUCTION
1. ELECTION OF CLUB EXECUTIVE
1. Executive of next year should be elected within the current year starting from the second semester and on the last week of March; the information is conveyed to the related Extracurricular Activity Specialist.
2. Executive of next year cannot be comprised of the students at the last academic year.
3. After election of executives, the club should request orientation from the Extracurricular Activity Specialists
4. Executive of next year should not be comprised of the students who will participate in exchange programs for the next year.
5. Determining substitute executive board members should be beneficial in term of malfunction of the process in case of absence of the member.
6. If the club has different projects, the information of responsible persons for each project should be conveyed to the Extracurricular Activity Specialists.
2. KEYMILESTONES OF CLUB AFFAIRS
2.1 The affairs having a certain deadline (specifically, activity planning for two semesters) should be submitted to the relate Extracurricular Activity Specialists by 30th October.
2. Club Executive concludes the member registrations by 15th November.
3. Club Executive participates to the club coordination meetings held in October and March.
3. NEW PROJECT REQUEST
3.1 The new project request should be submitted to the Extracurricular Activity Specialists within the knowledge of all club executive.
3.2. Project is evaluated by the Extracurricular Activity Specialists.
3.3 Notifying for the new event planning by the end of June is required for resource raising and planning.
4. PURCHASING and EXPENSE DECLARATION
1. Purchasing and expense declaration process should be consulted by the Extracurricular Activity Specialists.
2. All spending should be done by consulting Extracurricular Activity Specialists
3. There will be no payment for the spending out of knowledge of Extracurricular Activity Specialists
4. The bills should be on the name of Sabancı University.
5. ROOM SCHEDULE
1. Room schedule should be done by Extracurricular Activity Specialists.
2. Availability of the room should be checked from room schedule page on Mysu, and Extracurricular Activity Specialists should be informed minimum two days before.
3. It is important to indicate details and date of the event.
4. The equipments (microphone, DVD, pc etc) should be indicated in the form as well.
5. Particularly the places that are frequently used such as Cinema Hall, should be reserved on earliest time possible.
6. CLUB WEBSITES
1. Creating club WebPages is responsibility of the clubs.
2. Determining the responsible person for webpage update will be beneficiary right functioning of the process.
3. You can initiate your webpage by consulting Extracurricular Activity Specialists with a drupal based template.
4. You can apply Extracurricular Activity Specialists for being admin of e-mail group. In case of change in club executive or contact person of club, you should immediately inform the Extracurricular Activity Specialists.
7. CLUB ROOMS
1. Common Club Rooms: You can find out the contact person of the rooms by consulting Extracurricular Activity Specialists.
• UC 1009 (Storage)
• UC 1011 (Storage)
• UC 1023 (Meeting Room – I)
• UC 1024 (Meeting Room – II)
• UC 1054 (Seminar and Training Room)
2. Private Rooms of the Clubs: (Excluding common usage; such as studios)
o Informing Extracurricular Activity Specialists about the contact person of the rooms elected yearly.
o Informing Extracurricular Activity Specialists about the change of keys or any other need for the room at beginning of the year.
7.3. Responsibilities of Room Contact Persons;
• Opening and closing the rooms at the beginning and end of the workshops.
• Control of inventory stock of the room
• Informing Extracurricular Activity Specialists about the recovery of harmed materials.
• Requesting cleaning through informing Extracurricular Activity Specialists
• Reminding the instructions to the people using the room.
1. All announcements should be sent to email@example.com, and followed by the Extracurricular Activities Specialists.
2. It is required to be enclosed the English version of each announcement to be sent.
3. Announcements are composed of a text and if available a visual.
4. Announcement should be written not by a person but by the club as a format.
5. In the text to be sent in order to be made the announcement, the followings should be available;
- Announcement Head
- Starting- end date of the announcement
- Announcement Text
- Announcement visual (if available)
8.6 Visuals should be in jpeg format and at max. 580 x 1000 sizes. Visuals nonconforming these features shall not be put in the announcement.
9. SOCIAL MEDIA
1. All announcements given to the internal website are shared in social media as well by the club.
2. Social media is used for the aim of publishing the after event materials as well.
10. POSTER ANNOUNCEMENT
1. For broad scaled events, posters are designed to hang around campus.
2. For middle and broad scaled events, clubs can publish max 30 posters as A3 free.
3. Posters should be designed as being hanged on minimum one week before the event.
4. At the beginning of the each academic year, Student resources unit should be informed.
5. Big scaled posters should be designed as having possibility to convert for the next years.
11. SHUTTLE REQUESTS
1. Shuttle request should be conveyed to Extracurricular Activities Specialists minimum seven days before the event.
2. If the request is for off town, Shuttle request should be conveyed to Extracurricular Activities Specialists minimum two weeks before the event.
3. The required information for shuttle request,
1. Aim of usage
2. The point of departure in campus
3. Time and date of departure
4. Arrival address
5. Address to turn back
6. Time and date to turn back
7. Number of people using the shuttle
8. The responsible contact person for organization
Please note that it is not possible to cancel the shuttle request on event day.
12. INVENTORY STOCK OF THE CLUBS
1. Conveying the information about inventory stocks to the Extracurricular Activities Specialists at the beginning of the academic year
2. Conveying recovery information to Extracurricular Activities Specialists latest in October
3. Signing the inventory stock documents at the beginning of the semester and delivering to Extracurricular Activities Specialists
13. STAND REQUESTS FOR CLUB PROMOTION
1. There are 5 stand places allocated in university center.
1. In front of window at cafeteria-1
2. In front of window at cafeteria-2
3. Underside of stairs at cafeteria
4. Infront of Akbank
2. You should request the place of stands to Extracurricular Activities Specialists one week before the set up.
3. You should apply to the Extracurricular Activities Specialists for setting up a stand out of the places indicated above.
4. It will be beneficial for you to inform Extracurricular Activities Specialists earliest possible to avoid being full in busy times.
14. INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION IN THE NAME OF UNIVERSITY
1. For communication with other units of university such as University operations, Institutional communication, security, cafeteria etc, you should communicate Extracurricular Activities Specialists at first.
2. For communication with all people and institutions out of university in the name of club or university, you should communicate Extracurricular Activities Specialists at first.
15. MEDIA PLANNING
1. Media planning of the clubs is executed by the Institutional Communication Unit with Extracurricular Activities Specialists approval.
2. All club executives can make an appointment with the Media Responsible of Institutional Communication Unit, and can plan their media visibility.
3. In order to make media planning, you should submit your promotional image and text to the Institutional Communication Unit and Extracurricular Activity Specialists.
4. For all media actions, you should put Extracurricular Activity Specialists on Cc.
16. SPONSORSHIP AND FUND RAISING
1. Extracurricular Activity Specialists should be informed about payments in detailed.
2. Clubs should plan the event budget together with Extracurricular Activity Specialists.
3. Standard sponsorship contract of Sabancı University should be used for the all negotiations. All the written commitments out of this contract are invalid. You can provide this contract from Extracurricular Activity Specialists.
4. Budget will be not allocated for the clubs which do not deliver the Annual Activity Plan and Report, Budget Notification form on time.
5. All sponsorship negotiations should be executed with the knowledge of Extracurricular Activity Specialists.
6. Club executive should submit the Club Budget Form in October to declare how much financial resource in hand, and how much they delivered membership fee.
17. DISTRUBITION OF TASKS INSIDE THE CLUB
1. Distribution of tasks is determined in the first meeting following the introduction meeting at the beginning of the semester.
2. Appropriate distribution of responsibilities will facilitate functioning of the club.
3. It is important to entitle students responsible for Rooms, Organization, Project, Communication, Design etc.
18. DETERMINING CONSULTANTS
1. In June, club executives present the projects of next year to the Extracurricular Activity Specialists.
2. The anticipated consultants/trainers will be contacted within the knowledge of Extracurricular Activity Specialists.
3. The contract process starts in October.
4. New projects cannot be realized unless club executive and Extracurricular Activity Specialists approve. And any commitment cannot be assigned to any trainer without approval of Extracurricular Activity Specialists.
19. CLOSURE OF THE CLUBS
1. The clubs which are inactive for 6 months will be closed by the Student Activities Committee