The aim of the International Students Club is to build a bridge between cultures around the world through various activities and events at Sabanci University.
KULÜP YÖNETİM KURULU JENERİK MAİL
KULÜP WEB SAYFASI
Samar Raza Merchant
Zeerak Fatima Syeda
KULÜP YÖNETİM KURULU / PROJE-PLATFORM SORUMLULARI
KULÜP TÜZÜĞÜ - CLUB CONSTITUTION
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CLUB CONSTITUTION
Article 1 Name of the Organization
The name of the organization shall be:
● Sabancı University International (SU International).
Article 2 Purpose
The main purposes of the SU International Club are:
● To foster understanding and to develop lasting friendship between
the Turkish and the foreign students and the faculty in the Sabancı
University community through social and academic activities.
● To provide an opportunity for the Sabancı University community to
socialize and interact with cultures from around the world.
● To assist or represent the foreign students and faculty of Sabancı
University in administrative and educational matters when necessary.
● We expect this interaction to help the international community get
acquainted with the Turkish culture. In turn, Turkish students and faculty
can also enrich their cultural experience at Sabancı University through
interaction with international students and faculty.
● To assist for Sabancı University students for their study about Erasmus
and other international education programs.
● To assist Sabancı University students about AISEC, European Youth
Parliament and European Union projects.
● To bring international students together and cultivate a deeper
understanding of the cultures around the world.
● To support the rights of international students on campus and to
assist them with their struggles related to the language barrier.
Article 3 Membership
● The Club is open to foreign and Turkish citizens alike.
Article 4 Activities
● SU International will develop activities through which the SU Turkish
community could learn about different cultures and traditions from all over
the world, as well as the activities that will show the Turkish culture to the
international community working at Sabancı University.
● Ideas for activities include: trips, movie nights, cultural events, etc.
Article 5 Offices of the Organization
● Offices at this clubs shall be: President, Vice President, Chief Executive
Officer, Financial Manager, and Event Manager. Together these offices form
the Board of Directors.
● Election for the offices shall be held in the end of each academic year.
The elected persons will serve for the duration of the year.
● Each member of SU International can be elected for the same office for
a maximum of two years in a row.
·● At least three out of five board members must be international students
at any given time.
Article 6 Responsibilities for persons in the office
● The President shall preside at the meetings of the club, shall serve
as official representative of the club members, and shall maintain official
correspondence for the club.
● The Vice President shall assume the duties of the President upon
the absence of the President.
● The Chief Executive Officer shall administer the main responsibilities
include developing and implementing high-level strategies, making major
decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of the club, and
acting as the main point of communication between the board of directors.
● Financial Manager shall keep a complete record of the proceedings of
the club, shall be responsible for drafting club budget and balance, and
shall be in general charge of the club finances.
● Event Manager shall apply project management to the creation and
development of the events.
● The Board of Directors shall administer the affairs of the club between
● The financial decisions of the club have to be approved (majority vote)
by the quorum at a monthly meeting.
Article 7 Elections
● Elections for offices shall be conducted in the end of each year.
Every member can make proposals for the office.
● A person is elected for the office with at least 50% + 1 of the votes
of the club members present at the meeting.
Article 8 Amendments
● This constitution may be amended by a majority of those present
at a meeting, as long as the meeting is duly called and at least two weeks
notice of the impending amendment is given.
● All proposed amendments must be submitted to the President in
advance, so that he/she may advise the membership of its intent.
Article 9 Organization Meetings
● There will be around one monthly meeting during each month
of the school year. In addition, Executive Committee may call other
meetings if necessary.
● There have to be at least 5 members present in order to hold a
● The members present will constitute a quorum, provided the meeting
has been announced at least three days in advance.
Article 10 Final Regulations
● SU International can dissolve itself when decided by a ¾ majority of
the members present in a monthly meeting.
● In the case that SU International is dissolved, all the assets of the club
shall go to the Student Government at SU.
Tüzükte belirtilen hususlar ve kulüp yönetim organları tarafından ileride yapılacak olan tüm değişikliklerin, Üniversitenin tanımlı ve yayınlanmış Ders Dışı Öğrenci Etkinlikleri Süreci dahilindeki Yönerge Prosedür ve Talimatları ile uyumlu olması, kulüp yönetiminin sorumluluğundadır. Aykırı olacak biçimde düzenlenmiş maddelerin kulüp üyeleri üzerinde bağlayıcılığı olmayıp anlaşmazlık halinde üniversite tarafından yayınlanmış süreç dokümanlarında tanımlı olan sistematikler ve hükümler uygulanır